Sprint 1 Delivery - May-ish. (Really need to get better at setting dates...)
2040 words.
It's not much, but it's more than I've been able to get done before.
Retrospective:
Problem: I need to write more.
Solution: Maybe I should just try to get a little bit more done each month than I have in the past month (s).
Risk: Laziness. Sadly.
Mitigation: Try to log in to my desktop at least once a day, because it's a known fact that I write more when I log in to my desktop than when I'm on my laptop. Make that my writing/blogging computer, since I check Twitter often enough on my smaller devices.
Problem: I could keep writing and writing and, like the past, I could be writing the same story forever through a million words of pointlessness.
Solution: Track that mayhem by creating a notecard for each change, scene, bit of inspiration, etc. They should organize themselves. If the structure at this level gets out of control, I know I need a change.
Risk: I don't know how to organize something so amorphous. Also, shit keeps changing. Another risk, things getting out of sync if I fail to connect a notecard to a scene.
Mitigation: Maybe I should just let things change organically. At least I would know what the list IS. Maybe I could tag the scenes so I can at least group them.
Risk: Another risk, there's no real connection from notecard to scene, just the shit that's in Trello.
Mitigation: I wonder if I ought to break out Scrivener again, but this time, as a layer in a process rather than a one-software-to-rule-them-all thing. Write once a day, and at the end, organize everything in Scrivener.
Problem: Tracking my bits of inspiration.
Solution: Tag my notes with relevant headers as if they were headers in a wiki post, like 'Dark Arcana' and 'Technology' or 'Travel'. Hopefully this will ensure that I can do basic or more granular searches and still have everything listed.
Risk: I might not remember the tags, or my tags might not fully cover the areas.
Mitigation: I ought to put them in one Evernote notebook, maybe.
Problem: Writing at the end of the day is proving to be tiring. I can muster up the brain energy, but more often than not lately, pain strikes or builds up at the end of the day, or people want to spend time with me. Also, I'm getting older and can't skimp on sleep so often. What with the necessary overhead writing takes, I just don't have time to write AND keep up with organization
Solution: Try to write in the morning? Another solution would be to change my work schedule so I could go earlier and come earlier, thus leaving me more evening time. Then it's just a matter of using my time more efficiently.
Risk: I'm not a morning person. I don't like writing when I can't fully relax, like if I have to go to work. Changing my schedule might be better.
Mitigation: It can't hurt to try writing in the morning. It would probably be easier for me to try shifting my schedule though, because that's more intuitive.
2040 words.
It's not much, but it's more than I've been able to get done before.
Retrospective:
Problem: I need to write more.
Solution: Maybe I should just try to get a little bit more done each month than I have in the past month (s).
Risk: Laziness. Sadly.
Mitigation: Try to log in to my desktop at least once a day, because it's a known fact that I write more when I log in to my desktop than when I'm on my laptop. Make that my writing/blogging computer, since I check Twitter often enough on my smaller devices.
Problem: I could keep writing and writing and, like the past, I could be writing the same story forever through a million words of pointlessness.
Solution: Track that mayhem by creating a notecard for each change, scene, bit of inspiration, etc. They should organize themselves. If the structure at this level gets out of control, I know I need a change.
Risk: I don't know how to organize something so amorphous. Also, shit keeps changing. Another risk, things getting out of sync if I fail to connect a notecard to a scene.
Mitigation: Maybe I should just let things change organically. At least I would know what the list IS. Maybe I could tag the scenes so I can at least group them.
Risk: Another risk, there's no real connection from notecard to scene, just the shit that's in Trello.
Mitigation: I wonder if I ought to break out Scrivener again, but this time, as a layer in a process rather than a one-software-to-rule-them-all thing. Write once a day, and at the end, organize everything in Scrivener.
Problem: Tracking my bits of inspiration.
Solution: Tag my notes with relevant headers as if they were headers in a wiki post, like 'Dark Arcana' and 'Technology' or 'Travel'. Hopefully this will ensure that I can do basic or more granular searches and still have everything listed.
Risk: I might not remember the tags, or my tags might not fully cover the areas.
Mitigation: I ought to put them in one Evernote notebook, maybe.
Problem: Writing at the end of the day is proving to be tiring. I can muster up the brain energy, but more often than not lately, pain strikes or builds up at the end of the day, or people want to spend time with me. Also, I'm getting older and can't skimp on sleep so often. What with the necessary overhead writing takes, I just don't have time to write AND keep up with organization
Solution: Try to write in the morning? Another solution would be to change my work schedule so I could go earlier and come earlier, thus leaving me more evening time. Then it's just a matter of using my time more efficiently.
Risk: I'm not a morning person. I don't like writing when I can't fully relax, like if I have to go to work. Changing my schedule might be better.
Mitigation: It can't hurt to try writing in the morning. It would probably be easier for me to try shifting my schedule though, because that's more intuitive.
No comments:
Post a Comment